International Student Services Office
“LEARNING KNOWS NO BOUNDARIES”
The University of Batangas (UB) successfully navigates towards the path of acquiring a greater number of international students and providing opportunities for international collaboration, making UB as a home away from home. Strengthening the university’s thrust in this aspect is the International Student Services Office (ISSO). ISSO supports the students’ success by providing them with information about immigration issues, assisting them with academic and cultural adjustment, and creating opportunities for involvement in the UB community. ISSO further advances intercultural engagement through student exchange programs (both inbound and outbound) and provides culturally-sensitive activities throughout the campus.
A. Academic Year
The University of Batangas’ Academic Year has two regular semesters (first semester, August to December and second semester, (January to May) and summer (June to July).
B. Medium of Instruction
English is the primary medium of instruction used in the University.
C. Off-Campus Housing Facilities
ISSO shall assist the students in searching for safe and secured off-campus housing facilities. They will be lodged in off-campus lodging establishments accredited by the University.
D. International Students Organization
The support group that would respond to the growing concerns of international students who are having difficulties with adjustment in the academic environment, culture, and language. The said organization accepts and scouts highly exceptional students who are open to intercultural learning and promote diversity.
Student Visa Requirements
Student Visa Conversion
– Original Passport with 3 copies of bio-page, latest admission visa, quarantine stamp
– Duly accomplished CGAF (BI Form 2014-00-003 Rev 0) Application form with 4pcs 2×2 pictures w /white background
– Notarized Foreign Student Pledge (F-ISSO-10)
– Notice of Acceptance from Registrar Office
– Endorsement addressed to the Commissioner from the Registrar Office
– NBI Clearance Certificate for a foreign student enrolling from a bachelor’s degree to a postgraduate degree
– Medical certificate issued by the Bureau of Quarantine and International Health Surveillance
– Deposit Slip (F-ISSO-11)
– CHED Endorsement for transfer and shifting of course, if applicable
– Joint letter request addressed to the Commissioner from the authorized representative of the petitioning school and applicant, using the school letterhead with dry seal
– Photocopy of Birth Certificate
– Copy of last Academic Record
– 2 long folders with fasteners
– brown long envelope
Student Visa Extension
– Signed Joint letter
– Duly accomplished CGAF (BI Form 2014-00-003 Rev 0)
– 2 pcs 2×2 picture w/ white background
– 3 copies of passport‘s bio-page, latest admission stamp, latest visa stamp & ACR I-Card
– Original and photocopy of grades from the previous 2 semesters
– Original and Photocopy of Certificate of Enrolment
– Photocopy of Enrollment-Assessment Form
– CHED Endorsement issued by OSDS (for shifter, transferee or postgraduate degree applicant)
– Signed Deposit Slip
– Original Passport
Frequently Asked Questions
No, dual citizens are considered Filipinos at University of Batangas.
No, it is the same. However, for international students, 50% of the total fees shall be paid outrightly upon enrollment.
Yes, new international students and returnees (those who skipped one or more semesters) are required to pay the Foreign Student Fee during regular semesters, except summer.
The International Student Services Office (ISSO) handles the non-academic concerns of international students like orientation programs, visa services, information and advising, and the like. ISSO is located on the third floor of UB Corporate Center.
The ISSO service hours are from 8:00am to 12:00nn and 1:00pm to 4:00pm, from Monday to Friday. It is also possible to make an appointment online by sending an email to [email protected]. Specify your preferred day and time of visit and the name of the ISSO staff you want to make an appointment with. The student may also reach the office through the virtual office by entering the Zoom meeting.
Please refer to this link: https://zoom.us/j/96780464569?pwd=VUhJR1ZhMHZRQ0ZaeDVBSCt5R2hvUT09 Meeting ID: 967 8046 4569 Passcode: ubatangas
VISA Related Concerns
International students may be allowed to enroll if they have the following types of visa:
- 9 (f) – Student visa
- 9 (e), 9 (e-1) or 9 (e-2) – Foreign government official or dependent
- 47 (a) (2) – Exchange fellow or scholar sponsored by an international organization
- 9 (g) – Pre-arranged employment (Working visa/Missionary)
- PD 218 – Foreign investor
- 9 (d) – Treaty trader
- 13, 13 (a) to 13 (g) – Permanent resident
- SRRV – Special Resident Retiree Visa
- SIRV – Special Investor Resident Visa
The issue of Student Visa is valid for one year and succeeding extensions cover the academic year. However, students are given an extension period that is shorter than 6 months when nearing the completion of its program.