This program is designed to provide the learner with the knowledge, skills, and attitude, applicable in performing work activities involve in providing care and support, fostering social, intellectual, and emotional development to new-borns (0 to 4 weeks), infants (1 month to 1-year-old), toddler (1 year to 3 years old) and preschooler (3 years to 5 years old). This includes classroom learning activities and practical work in the actual work site.
- Participate in workplace communication.
- Work in a team environment.
- Solve/address routine problems
- Develop career and life decisions
- Contribute to workplace innovation
- Present relevant information
- Practice occupational safety and health policies and procedures
- Exercise efficient and effective sustainable practices in the workplace
- Practice entrepreneurial skills in the workplace
- Implement and monitor infection control policies and procedures.
- Respond effectively to difficult and challenging behaviour.
- Apply basic first aid
- Maintain high standard of patient services.
- Participate in the implementation of a new-born’s care plan
- Develop the ability to recognize new-born’s growth and development
- Perform caring skills for new-born
- Participating in the implementation of infant’s care plan
- Provide physical needs, care, and support to infant
- Foster physical social, intellectual, and emotional development of infant
- Participate in the implementation and monitoring of toddler’s care plan
- Develop the ability to recognize a toddler’s growth and development
- Perform caring skills for toddler
- Participate in the implementation and monitoring of preschoolers care plan
- Develop the ability to recognize preschoolers growth and development
- Perform caring skills for preschooler