Welcome to University of Batangas. This Privacy Notice informs you about our policy regarding the data that we collect, store, process, and share including your personal data. If you are the parent or legal guardian of an applicant, a student who is minor (below 18 years old), understand that this Policy refers to the personal data of your child/ward.
It is our policy to respect and uphold data privacy rights and to ensure that all personal data collected from students, their parents or guardians are processed pursuant to the general principles of transparency, legitimate purpose, and proportionality as stated in the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (DPA).
How Does the School Collect or Acquires Personal Information?
UNIVERSITY OF BATANGAS collects or acquires personal information through various means. The collected information may require the following:
• Written records;
• Video image, and/or
• Digital material
What Kind of Personal Information Does the School Collect?
UNIVERSITY OF BATANGAS collects, stores, and processes personal data from its current, past and prospective students, from application for admission and throughout the whole course of their study at the school. This will include:
• Personal information, such as name, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, date and place of birth, nationality, immigration status, religion, civil status, student ID, government-issued ID's etc.
• Family background, including information on parents, guardian, siblings, estimated family income (for scholarship applicants), etc.
• Photographic data such as, photo, handwriting, signature specimens and video clips.
• Student's school works, including data gathered using third party online learning tools, such as Google Classroom and other Learning Management Software.
• Health records, psychological evaluation results and disciplinary records.
• Student Cumulative Guidance Folder, which includes interviews, entrance exam results, and guidance assessments, special needs, or behavior information, etc.
• Permanent Student's Academic Records and Transcript.
• Student curricular and extra-curricular activities.
• Financial and billing information.
How We Use Your Personal Information?
UNIVERSITY OF BATANGAS uses the information collected to the extent permitted by law. We use your personal data to pursue our legitimate interests as an educational institution including a variety of academic, administrative, research, and statistical purposes. Data collected are used solely for the following purposes:
• Processing admission application
• Verifying authenticity of student records and documents
• Processing of scholarship applications
• Processing of enrollment and registration
• Supporting student's learning, and validating students' program of study based on curriculum requirements, and other activities and experiences forming part of the student's information and education.
• Supporting the student's well-being and providing medical services and guidance counseling
• Monitoring and reporting on student progress; processing of evaluations, exam results, and grades
• Monitoring and ensuring the safety of all students when inside the school premises and off-campus activities
• Processing and generating statements of accounts
• Processing of application for recognition and graduation
• Evaluation and verification for board/bar examination
• For accreditation, professional development of teachers and staff, and research, e.g. evaluation studies by the research desk, action research by teachers, etc.
• Posting and displaying of academic and non-academic achievements within the UNIVERSITY OF BATANGAS premises, website and social media accounts.
• Marketing and promoting UNIVERSITY OF BATANGAS, its students, and academic and non-academic students or school activities inside and outside the campus.
• Monitoring student's attendance.
• Academic background verification of students, graduates, etc. for employment, further employment, further studies and other related purposes.
• Yearbook production.
How We Share Your Information?
Data under the custody of UNIVERSITY OF BATANGAS shall be disclosed only to its authorized recipients such as Principals, Deans, Vice Presidents and President including parents and/or guardian on record. Otherwise, data with third parties shall be only given with student's consent, or when required or permitted by our policies and application law, such as with:
• Regulatory authorities, courts, and government agencies, e.g. Department of Education, Commission on Higher Education, Technical Education and Skill Development Authority, PRC, DFA, BID, and other foreign agencies.
• Service organizations which accredit academic programs that meet commonly accepted standards of quality education. e.g. The Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities Commission on Accreditation (PACUCOA), Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, College and Universities (PAASCU) and The Philippines Technological Council (PTC) through its Accreditation and Certification Board for Engineering and Technology (ACBET).
• Service Providers, who perform services and help support student's learning, monitoring and report on their progress, manage the operations of the school, and assess the performance of the University.
• Business partners and other academic linkages that provide internships and job opportunities to graduates.
How We Transfer Your Data?
Where UNIVERSITY OF BATANGAS considers it necessary or appropriate, for the purposes of data storage, processing, and/or providing any service or product on our behalf, or implementing an academic linkage program, we may transfer your personal data to third parties within or outside of the Philippines, under conditions of confidentiality and similar levels of security safeguards.
How Do We Store And Retain Your Information?
We are putting in place organizational, administrative, technical, and physical security measures to safeguard your personal data. Only authorized personnel have access to your personal data, the exchange of which (mainly within campus) is facilitated through email ad paper files. Should third parties need access to your personal data, we require a non-disclosure agreement and/or a data sharing agreement with them, in compliance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (DPA) and the Data Privacy Act Implementing Rules and Regulations (DPA-IRR). Your paper and digital files are surely stored: employing physical security to safeguard the paper files and technical security to protect the digital files.
We keep your paper and digital files only for as long as necessary. CCTV cameras are responsibility of Security Department; some cameras have memory for one (1) week of CCTV videos and older ones for less. The cameras run continuously on a rolling basis, where older videos are overwritten as the memory fills up. When your personal data is no longer needed, we take reasonable steps to securely destroy such information or permanently deleted beyond retrieval. Paper files are securely shredded; and electronic information is deleted. Erase applied so that this is no longer recoverable nor reproducible.
Your Rights with Respect to Your Personal Data?
You have the right to be informed, object to processing, access and rectify, or request the rectification, suspension and/or withdrawal of your personal data, including any such information held by third parties, with whom UNIVERSITY OF BATANGAS has a data sharing agreement; and be identified in case of damage pursuant to the provisions of the DPA-IRR.
If you want to exercise any of your rights, or if you have any questions about how we process your personal data; please contact UNIVERSITY OF BATANGAS' Data Protection Officer, through the following channels:
Email to email@example.com
Tel No. 723-1446 local 101
Write to: Ms. Sharlene A. Perico
The Data Protection Officer
University of Batangas
If you are not satisfied with the way your data is being handled, or if you suspect that a security incident involving personal data has occurred, you may lodge your complaint or notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org